Is Thevetia nereifolia harmful to rabbits?

Yes, Thevetia neriifolia, commonly known as Yellow Oleander or Lucky Nut, is toxic to rabbits. The plant contains cardiac glycosides, which can have severe toxic effects on the cardiovascular system of rabbits and other animals if ingested.

Symptoms of Thevetia neriifolia poisoning in rabbits may include gastrointestinal disturbances such as diarrhea, vomiting, and abdominal pain. It can also lead to irregular heart rhythms, weakness, lethargy, difficulty breathing, and even cardiac arrest in severe cases.

It is important to keep rabbits away from this plant and ensure they do not have access to its leaves, flowers, seeds, or any parts of the plant. If you suspect your rabbit has ingested Thevetia neriifolia or any other toxic plant, it is essential to seek veterinary assistance immediately.

Assistance with any missing or incorrect information is welcomed and appreciated. Please click here.
This website is operated by a
Husband and Wife team.